Thursday, June 23, 2016

MY 1st day of summer vacay

Psalm 27: 2
" In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat- for he grants sleep to those he loves. "


I love this verse, however, the next verse goes on to talk about what a blessing children are... kind of an oxymoron, rest/children... if you're a parent you get my drift. God does want us to rest. The Bible mentions rest (physical rest) 72 times. That's why quiet time, meditation, vacations, and even a much needed nap should be very closely guarded. Our minds and our bodies need this time of recovery and peace. Lord, thank you that you want us to rest. Resting in the safety, peace and serenity of your arms is where you would have us be. Amen.

Yesterday, was my 1st true day of summer vacation. I didn't have any extra children, I only had 3 of my own (I have 3 grown children, and 1 was on loan), and my husband was at work. Whoop, Whoop!! So, how did I spend my day, you ask? (pretend you asked) Did I sunbathe? watch my favorite soaps while eating bonbons? get a mani-pedi? No way...I went to the library to sign my girls up for the summer reading program, I took my 13 yr old to JC Penney to finally exchange a Christmas gift, and then I went to the grocery store, and to cap off my fun day, I took the dog to a meet and greet (yes, that's a real thing!). The fun never ends! So it might not have been my dream 1st day of summer vacation, but it was a good day. Here are some things that I left off the list.

    I ran! in the morning, all by myself!! And then I showered and dressed like a real girl!

I love this romper. I purchased it last year on sale from Nordstrom.
(similar style here- Nordstrom, and here- Nordstrom rack)
Ignore the silly expression of my nearly 10yr old.
 Our outfits were similar in color and style so I thought I needed a pic
(3yr old is wearing this dress- Carter's)

 The library puts some great local coupons in a cute little drawstring/tote bag, 
and we went here after the library.

The holy grail of cupcake shops!!
Flavor Cupcakery
My 3 little beauties!!



And I ate this beauty!!  
Hello flamingo!
Hello marshmallow!!



  I didn't just go to any grocery store. I went to Wegmans. I love their artisan breads and cheeses.
 I made a big pot of chicken soup on Tuesday and picked up some delicious bread there to go with it. 


This is Wegmans Red, White & Blue Bread. So delicious and festive for this time of year.

So, you see, I had a great vacation day! It wasn't as restful as it could have been, but it was chock full of good things that I enjoyed with my family. I pray you set aside some time for rest this season. Whether it's a trip to the beach with your family or just some downtime at home, rest! God said to, you can't argue with that!!
Have a blessed Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment