Thursday, July 28, 2016

oops, I did it again!

2 Corinthians 5: 17
" Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! "


Thank you, Lord, that you made me new, even though my body's telling me that I might be getting old... Don't get me wrong, I'm very blessed with good health. Maybe some of the "new", is the new things that my body is doing (or not doing!). What's up with my eyesight! Where are these lines and wrinkles coming from? Why can't I get rid of this extra 5-10 pounds? (honestly, I'm not sure how much extra I have, our scale broke, whew!). Thankfully, my husband doesn't seem to mind. But, I do! And even though the scale is broken, I can tell by the way my clothes are fitting (and some of the pictures I'm seeing) that I definitely have to do something different, something new, to feel more fit and healthy. Lord, I'm thankful today for my health, and that I have an awareness of my body. Help me Lord to be more disciplined when it comes to making healthy choices. Self discipline is one of the fruits of your spirit. I am so grateful that I don't have to do anything on my own, because wherever I am, You are, too, guiding me. If only I was a better listener!

I sure did do it again! I made a big promise to myself (and to you, too), and took pictures and weighed myself (yuck!), and said this will be the day I will start to be more healthy...oops. Well, I don't want to be too hard on myself, I've had some triumphs, but I certainly am not living up to my expectations of what I want my body to look like. Fortunately, I don't have a pressing goal: no weddings, no vacations, no bikini contests. I just need to get back on track...again. So yesterday, I was going to start, I actually started to write this post yesterday. I got up early, I ran. I went to my mother's house, I ate fresh peach cobbler (wait, that wasn't the plan!!!). Then we went shopping and she took me and my little girls out to lunch. Other than the 2 huge beer battered onion rings and the side of fries that came with my sandwich, I think I did ok??? oops, I did it again!

Well, here are some good things that I did do...

I drink plenty of water.
Nothing more refreshing on a hot day!
My drink of preference when I'm out and about is sparkling water with a squeeze of lime, also very refreshing!
I run/ran.
This is a before and after of the day my son and I ran about 5 miles to my parents house a few weeks ago.
I did run yesterday morning, but I  didn't take a "selfie", believe me it wasn't pretty!

I made overnight oats.

The Quaker website has this link (here). With lots of good overnight oat recipes.
I made the S'More recipe, delish!

I need to do this.

Summer Prep: Do-Anywhere Bikini Circuit:
I've shared this before. This is my favorite circuit (so far). This is what I need to add to my week.
Running is good, but it just doesn't hit those target areas.
( found this on Pinterest- here)

Well, I hope I've inspired you...again. And I really hope I've inspired me, again. If you know any good tips or have a good recipe or exercise you can recommend, I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.
I pray that you have a great day today...again!


No comments:

Post a Comment