Tuesday, July 12, 2016

10!

Luke 19: 17
"  'Well done, my good servant!' his master replied. ' Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.' "


Ten in the Bible is considered a small amount. Ten days, ten steps, ten minas in this verse, is considered a small amount of money. In my world ten seems like a lot! Especially when child #6 has just turned ten! I can't believe it! Last weekend we had a sleepover birthday party for her. So much fun! Here are a few fun things that we did to celebrate my daughter's big 10!  

She picked a fun summer theme "Pineapples and Flamingos". I love a theme!!

I made these cupcakes and found most of our party goods at Dollar Tree


You need a place to take some good pics with props.
Or a even just a good place for a fun selfie!!







This is my fave!!

We also made some stamps out of styrofoam trays,
 and along with some fabric paint the girls made some adorable T-shirts. 

The birthday girl made this one.
And here's my girl blowing out the candles on her cake....it's official, she's 10!

I made this pineapple cake, too.
You can never have too much cake!
(click here for the recipe-Pineapple Sunshine Cake)
I hope you enjoyed looking at some of our party pics. I certainly enjoyed the party...and the cake. As I said yesterday, the best part for me was the smile and the hug from my big 10 year old, thanking me for her party.
Love that girl!!!

Today, I'm thankful for my beautiful daughter. She is helpful, funny and smart. She's definitely a Momma's girl, and that's alright with me. We do coffee and mani-pedis, and she likes a good theme! (yay, I got one that thinks like me). She still likes her bedtime routine and when I'm out and about without her, she always checks in to see when I'll be home. I can't wait to see the beautiful young woman she'll become over the next 10 years. Thank you. Lord, for my girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment