Thursday, July 21, 2016

Elephants on parade

2 Corinthians 2: 14
" But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ's triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. "


Gosh, I hope that's the aroma I'm spreading!! A triumphal procession sounds like a parade to me. I love a parade, don't you? Parades are fun and usually commemorate a festive occasion or holiday. When I was in high school, I marched in the Orioles 1983 World Series parade in Baltimore. I didn't play an instrument, I shook my pom-pons! Our high school had a pom-pon/drill team squad in the marching band. I met some of my best friends in marching band. We also went to festivals and amusement parks, so fun! Today I'm thankful for the fun memories I have from high school (I'm also grateful that I don't have to relive those awkward teen years...). I thank you, Lord, for the long friendships that I still cherish, and the valuable lessons that I have learned from all those years ago.

I was blissfully ignorant of our political system in high school. I knew what I had to to pass my social study tests, but was not interested in them in the least. I did, however, register to vote at my school and, as soon as I turned 18, exercised my right to vote. To that end, I do try to follow politics in order to be as informed as I can before I pull the lever in the voting booth (or press the button or scribble in the circle, punch a chad, whatever you all still do). It is a privilege that I don't take lightly. I have been watching the RNC this week and plan to watch the DNC next week. If you couldn't tell before reading my blog that I like elephants, I do. And lucky me, elephants are a fun fashion trend. They also happen to be the GOP mascot (see how I just tied that together...). I actually noticed someone in a Lily Pulitzer dress (this one- Eliza V-Neck T-Shirt Dress)  in the crowd last night: what a thing to notice in this highly charged convention! Because of my love of pachyderms, I happen to have quite a few pieces of elephant clothing and accessories. Here are some pics of my elephants on parade!

The green patterned T-shirt in the back is a Lily Pulitzer top-  Seeing Pink Elephants from Spring 2015.
(similar T-shirt- here)
Navy and white elephant shorts on left are from The Pink Silhouette (last year) and,
My husband just bought me the hot pink T-shirt on the right at the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach.. Isn't it cute!!

Also, I just got this adorable dress in the mail this week!
Another purchase from The Pink Silhouette from their Monday "Flash Sale"!
(Thank you, Honey!!)
And here's the dress on me (it has pockets!).
Isn't it adorable!!
I just love my parade of elephants.
My prayer today, is that you would take some time tonight and watch the RNC, and take some time next week to watch the DNC. Information is so important. Look past all of the rhetoric (it happens on both sides), and prayerfully consider the issues that are important to you, your family and our nation. Amen.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment