Monday, July 11, 2016

Happy place

John 16: 33
" I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you may have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. "


" But take heart! I have overcome the world. "  That is good news, indeed, and I'll take it, I certainly could use some after I rough few days. My weekend wasn't so rough, just busy. Child #6, turned 10 years old on June 30th and we had a sleepover party for her. So fun, but so tiring. I'll share some fun pics later this week. The best part of her sleepover party for me, was when she hugged me and thanked me. So sweet!

I wanted to share today something that makes me soooo happy! Food!! Food is my happy place. My husband, on one of our first dates, said he appreciated my healthy appetite! Probably one of the main reasons I married him. I am fortunate to have some good friends who are excellent cooks and like to try new and different food products. One of my friends uses the recipe/meal service, Blue Apron, and was going away for a few days so she asked if I wanted to try a meal. Food? Sure!!! I chose to make "Empanada de Picadillo".  I was so impressed with all of the fresh ingredients that came with the meal. The only personal ingredients that I had to come up with out of my pantry was some EVOO and a little salt and pepper.With this service you receive fresh ingredients and a recipe card. The recipe card gives you easy to follow, step by step instructions with pictures. Here are a few pics of my Blue Apron empanadas.

Here's the instruction side of the card.
Here's the recipe card. There is a description and pictures
of the ingredients provided and the finished meal.









My empanadas baking in the oven.
Here is my empanada filling.



Not only were there empanadas, but there were ingredients and instructions for
 a Tomato-Cucumber Salad & Lime Crema.
Here's the salad.
And, here's the finished meal!
My family really enjoyed it.
I have to reveal that my husband would not normally choose to eat Mexican food, but he asked for seconds and was looking for thirds. I am definitely going to try this service. Not only did my family enjoy the food, I enjoyed that there was no meal planning or shopping on my part. I don't have the budget to do this every day of the week, but Blue Apron's prices are reasonable and I love that it was so convenient, fresh, and delicious.

I am grateful today for food, Lord. You always provide. Even when I think my cupboard is bare or I don't have enough, we always find ourselves sitting around a bountiful table. Thank you, Lord, for food, glorious food!

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment