Wednesday, July 6, 2016

19 years ago

Leviticus 19: 25
" But in the fifth year you may eat its fruit. In this way your harvest will be increased. I am the Lord your God. "

This verse is from the "rules" section of Leviticus. Let me tell you, there are some interesting things to read about in there! Lots and lots of rules. I'm glad I wasn't walking around the desert with Moses for 40 years and having to follow all of those rules. First off, I wouldn't remember them. Second, some of them shouldn't be rules, they should be common sense. Third, you really had to keep track of things; you mess up, you could be put to death!! Sheesh! I'm so thankful I live in the "AD" (Anno Domini). Jesus was very specific about what the important rules for us were. And it's pretty simple, starting in Matthew 22: 37, Jesus replies,
" Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. "  I can remember that! These are the rules I'm going to live by.

I'm going be thankful today for my husband!!! (just today, though). JK-Just Kidding!!! Last night at dinner, our family went around the table and shared one thing we were thankful for. There were some good ones. I'm so proud of my family. Yesterday, the Lord put into my heart to remember the blessings, believe it or not sometimes I can be negative!?! I know it's hard to believe...(obviously, if you do find it hard to believe, you're not a member of my family!). So each day this month, I've resolved to remember just one thing (I'm sure there are way more than that), to be thankful for; a blessing that God has put into my life.
So here he is...
My husband!!!
This is a pic from one of our first dates, nearly 19 years ago. 
and here he is, too...
This was our first vacation alone since our honeymoon!
It only took about 15 1/2 years.
but this is how I usually see him...
He's always doing some project around the house.
And he is very good at it! As I type, my dishwasher is running. I have a fully functioning kitchen, for the first time in about 3 years (long story...). The only thing that still has to be done in the kitchen, is the backsplash (which he already started) and some cabinet hardware. I'm so happy, and grateful!  Here are some updated pics of my kitchen. 







I really feel like we're at the finish line!
I can't wait to show you some more pics when it's completely done.
Thank you, Lord, for my husband! I not just grateful for the new kitchen (bonus!!), I'm so grateful for the love and the security, his devotion to me and our children, and especially for his faith. His faith has gotten us through some very difficult times. So, Ladies, back away he's mine!! You can't have him...today.

What are you thankful for today? Name a blessing in your life. Is it a friend, your home, a cup of coffee? (I almost wrote about my coffee this morning, sorry Honey.)  Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you. 
I pray you have a day that is full of blessings to share!



No comments:

Post a Comment