Monday, July 18, 2016

Soooo big!

Psalm 144: 12
" Then our sons in their youth will be like well nurtured plants, and our daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace. "


Well ,she's doing it again! My oldest turns another year older, today!! I can't believe that I became a mother 26 years ago (I also can't believe that I still have a 3 year old!).  My girl came into this world at a whopping 8lbs 6oz., sooo big! She was nearly 2 weeks late, I was even bigger...huge (thankfully the number on the scale has been wiped clean from my memory). She is now over 2 years older than I was when I had her, I thought I was so mature, but when I look back I realize what a baby I was myself. What a blessing she was and has been in my life. She ruined the whole "baby thing" for the rest of the kids, she was so smart and good, that I was certain there was something wrong with all of her subsequent siblings. One sweet memory that I have of her was when she was only about 1-1/2  and she started to "read". She would take her Madeline book (and others), turn the pages and "read" aloud, "Jwa, jwa, jwa, jwa, jwa, Mada!"  She loved to help me in the kitchen, we were always baking something or making a craft. I dressed her like me (so sorry, Honey!) and loved to dress her up in the latest "Storybook Heirlooms" or "Gymboree" fashions. I loved to plan elaborate birthday parties and tea parties for my girl. I think that's why, still today, she loves to celebrate her birthday. That's my girl!!

Here's my very first baby...

Here she is just a couple of days old in our apartment in VA.

Here she is in her crib, so alert at just few days old,  looking intently at her "Fisher Price" mobile.
She didn't want to miss a thing!

Me and my girl, pretty in pink.


I love this pic! My girl and her cousin who is expecting her first baby this fall!
And, my SIL was expecting my girls bff cousin, who was born the following December.

So of course, today, I'm thankful for my oldest daughter. Thank you, Lord, for my precocious, beautiful baby. She has certainly grown into a beautiful, brave and confident woman. I pray that you would guide and protect her as she takes on so many challenges. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for my big girl!
Happy Birthday!

I pray this new week brings you happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment