Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Bountiful

Jeremiah 31: 12
" They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the Lord- "


 When you have a large family, making those food dollars stretch can be challenging. We don't often have everything we want, but somehow we always have everything we need. Remembering that and not allowing anxiety and worry about God's provision for my family can sometimes be a struggle for me. The bounty that I am partaking in literally comes from the Lord. There are often "loaves and fishes" type moments for me in my local grocery store. Sometimes I have to go through the store a second time and edit things out of my cart and come up with a new menu plan for the week (this is not fun with a toddler in tow!).  Do I get to have fresh flowers at my table? Do I have money left for a fabulous dessert (dessert is not a necessity; my children find that hard to believe)? Yes! I often do. I rejoice in the bounty of the Lord! Lord, thank you that you not only provide for my family, you give us more than we can even imagine. Today, Lord, I'm thankful for your bountiful provision.

We have a lot of wooded areas in our community. The bounty that comes just from the fringe of those areas is amazing. I love the smell of honeysuckle as I jog by in the late spring. I love the shade the trees provide us as we take family walks in the heat of a summer afternoon. Last week, I noticed that there were blackberries ripening, and Queen Anne's' lace in bloom. Queen Anne's lace is one of my favorite wildflowers, and it is certainly blooming in abundance here. The children and I went on a couple of berry picking excursions last week and here are some pics of our bountiful harvest.





Here are my girls! Aren't they precious!!























...after!



Before...













My beautiful flowers.
My favorite breakfast of the season!

I'm always amazed by God's provision. There are miracles in nature all around us. Beauty that only comes from the Lord. When I look at my beautiful girls, my beautiful flowers, the butterfly that accompanied us berry picking ( and of course my beautiful breakfast!), I can't help but rejoice in the bounty of the Lord!

I pray you have a wonderful Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment