Thursday, July 7, 2016

'Merica!

1 Timothy 2: 1-2
" I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people- for kings and those of authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. "


Whew, Lord, this seems like a tough one in this election year. I had the news on last night before I went to bed and I got so stressed out that I had to play Panda Pop to wind down a little bit!! (I'm very mature like that). But then, I pull up my big girl panties, and remember that I'm not in control of this, not at all. You are in charge, Lord, and no matter what is going on in my state, my country, the world, you've got this. Does that mean that I don't even have to vote, let those chips fall where they may?? No! I will (try to) watch the convention coverage for both parties, I will watch the inevitable debates and, I will certainly be at the polls in November. I've watched my candidates win, I've watched them lose. Whatever the outcome, I will remain faithful and full of hope that victory remains in the Lord, not in man (woman, whatever!), and so grateful that I live in this nation, where I am free to shout out His name in victory!

I'm thankful today, Lord, for the good old USA! I just had a really nice weekend celebrating Independence Day with my family, for three days! Here's a recap of last weekend...

On Saturday we went to St Michaels to attend Big Band Night at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum. It was such a beautiful day! We looked around at the local shops in St Michaels and had a picnic on the Museum grounds while we waited for the band and fireworks.

Here's a pic of our view, right before the fireworks began.

Two of my children making the rounds.
My son took this picture when the fireworks started.
So pretty!

























On Sunday, we went to my Uncle's house, for a family party, here is the pie I took to share...

Strawberry Pretzel Pie (I added the blueberries).
Oh my goodness gracious! Delicious!!
(Get the recipe link here- 4 for the 4th)
And, bonus! On Monday, we went to my parents house for a cookout. I hardly ever remember to take pictures of all the goings on, but it was rainy on Monday, so we stayed inside and had a Ping Pong tournament. My partner (who also happens to be my 14 yr old nephew) and I won!! It was our second major victory, we won the last family Ping Pong championship as well (not to brag or anything).

Both of my "little" girls had the same star hairstyle on the 4th.
(See how on this post- Hair today, gone tomorrow)

Here's my "baby"!
Dessert is her favorite meal.

Thank you, God, that I live in a country where I am free. Free to  live, love, worship and serve you.
 God bless the USA!!



No comments:

Post a Comment