Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Party, party

Ecclesiastes 3: 13
" also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil- this is God's gift to man. " ESV


Last weekend I went to two parties. On Saturday, my parents hosted a family party to remember my grandfather, who would have turned 100 years old on Friday, and on Sunday, my dear friend hosted a birthday party for her little boy who just turned 5. What a lovely weekend, with lovely food, and good company. God gives us provision and permission to enjoy the fruits of our labor. Life isn't meant to be all serious and hard. As we see in the verse above, King David tells us to, "take pleasure", it's God's gift to us. So while we are warned not overdo it...(no drunkenness, no debauchery, no gluttony; pretty self explanatory stuff), we are encouraged to celebrate and to take pleasure in our hard work and accomplishments. Let's celebrate all He has done for us and all that He provides for us. Celebrate! God is good!!

Here are  few pics from our weekend...enjoy!

My 13 yr old made this poster for the family party on Saturday.
 My mother also set out a box of family photos, it was such a fun part of the day remembering other family celebrations. 

My daughter and my great-aunt, looking on at our  family ping-pong tournament. 

My mom awarding my uncle and me a "major award" for winning the ping-pong tournament.
Obviously, I'm very happy about it.

And here is some of the Sunday excitement...

Our hostess and my youngest in the big inflatable water slide.
The children waiting in line to take a swing at the pinata.
(poor minion, he didn't stand a chance!)

My  2 beauties waiting patiently for their turn.
Today, I'm thankful for celebrations. Celebrations can be small and intimate or really, really big. When you are celebrating, your are showing your appreciation for the blessing in your life. Thank you, Lord, for the many blessings that give me cause to celebrate. Amen!

Let's celebrate this Tuesday morning! We are new this morning! We are beautiful! We are blessed!!
Wooohooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment