Tuesday, August 2, 2016

God breathed

2 Timothy 3: 16-17
" All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. "


When I run, I breath hard. It's not pretty breathing either, after about 1/2 mile you'd have thought that I must have run a 1/2 marathon. I have learned some breathing skills to help with my breathing. If I take deep, intentional breaths in, and let them out slowly, (not the whole run, just intermittently) it helps me to have a lot more control of my breathing. You do the same thing in yoga and meditation, intentional breathing. It helps you to be more centered and focused. Deep breathing also relaxes you and relieves stress. Reading the Bible helps me do the same thing. Intentional reading of scripture, literally God's breath, helps me to be more centered and focused. It benefits me and those around me. I feel more connected with God, which helps me to worry less and relieves life's tensions. Today, Lord, the miracle that I thank you for is my Bible! I pray that you would continue to change me and challenge me with your God-breathed word, so that I am better equipped to do your every good work. Amen!

We have been busy the last couple of weeks and there is no sign of a slowdown. My son and I volunteered at our local farm fair, my husband has been doing a lot of tiling and we had another birthday party to attend last weekend. I have a fun day trip planned for tomorrow with my mother, my 2 youngest and some of our friends, and...we're getting ready to go on another weekend trip to visit family. Last Wednesday my mother and my 3 youngest girls had a fun day shopping.  Here are a few pics from our shopping excursion...

Our goal was to find this girl, some new running shoes.
Mission accomplished!!
My mom purchased these Nike shoes at Champs for my girl.

You can't go by the Disney Store without going in, and this cutie pie found a magic mirror to gaze in.
What a great store, the girls all received bracelets for participating in a Disney Trivia game.

My mother took us to Nordstrom for lunch. Delicious!

I had to stop and get a mocha to help me with my drive home. Shopping with the kids wore me out!

What a nice day! Thank you, Lord, for fun days with family. I can't wait to show you what we're doing tomorrow!! It involves i-c-e c-r-e-a-m!!!

 I pray you have a good week. Fill it with intention. I can't help but think of this great old hymn by Edwin Hatch, Breathe on me breath of God. "Breathe on me breath of God, fill me with life anew, that I may love the way you love and do what you would do." Amen to that!


***Oh yeah, one more thing...
I've been chosen to be on the social media launch team for Beth Moore's newest Bible study, Entrusted, #EntrustedStudy. I've loved Beth Moore's studies and books for years. What a great way to study God's word intentionally.



No comments:

Post a Comment