Thursday, August 18, 2016

Get Back

Job 22: 23
" If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored: if you remove wickedness far from your tent "


Poor Job! He wasn't a wicked man, he was a good man. His well meaning friends were giving him some unsolicited advice. I have had that happen to me and unfortunately, I've given some as well. Not that all advice that is unsolicited is bad (in Job's case his friends were off-base). What we really need is to go to God first and seek His advice and counsel before we open our mouths to others. Sometimes, the only words that need to be spoken are on bent knee to our Lord. Praying for and with our friends and family is the most powerful thing we can do. Thank you, Lord, that we can come to you in prayer.

The returning I'm thinking about today (although, returning to the Lord is NEVER bad advice) is returning to school. And in my house, returning to school also means that my son returned to football (camp started last week, workouts started waaayyy before that!!). We are busy preparing. This week we tried to get back to our bedtime routine, uughh!. We also already have most of my Elementary student's school supplies. And my boy, he needed: new cleats, new socks,  pads and practice shirt and shorts. We have yet to get school clothes or new backpacks, plus, the girls still need to get their hair trimmed. There is a lot of prep work to be done before the kids "get back"!!!

Here's something we did to help us "get back" on track!

My new favorite store for name brand, but not full price, is TJ Maxx. Of course I've been there before, but I must have been distracted, because now you can't keep me out of there. The trick is to go often, and if you see something you like: get it! It'll be gone the next time you go!!

They had a great assortment of backpacks!!

....and the prices were great!
Are you are getting ready to "get back" as well?  What kinds of things are you doing to prepare? Is there a great tip or a great store you want to share? Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you. 

I pray you have a terrific day and evening at this point!




No comments:

Post a Comment