Wednesday, August 31, 2016

"Son"flowers

Revelation 22: 5
" There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign forever and ever. "


I read this verse and immediately 2 songs come to my mind, I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light , and Handel's Messiah ("and He shall reign forever and ever..."). That's how I think, I remember in music. If you set scripture to music and it has a beat and I can dance to it, I'll remember it! Otherwise, scripture memory is challenging for me. That's why, I've been working so hard at it lately. I want to be able to recall in any given situation, a word of comfort, wisdom, joy, peace, correction...you name it, it's in the Bible and I want to know it. That's why I'm so excited to get Beth Moore's latest Bible study, "Entrusted". I was able to get it with scripture memory cards. I haven't yet received them in the mail, but look out, I'm all over this scripture memory now, I might just spit 2 Timothy out for the next few months everyday in this blog. And heaven help my family, they'll be 2 Timothy-ed to death!!! I encourage you to study and memorize along with me. Let me know what your "go to" verse is lately and how it's important in your life right now. Please comment below, I'd love to hear from you.



As summer is drawing to an end, I am trying to eke out all of the outdoor summer activities I can. Yesterday, I took my mom, my youngest and her bestie to see the last of the Sunflowers and to eat some delicious ice cream at one of our local creameries. It was such a beautiful sunshiney day! Here are some pics of our visit, and some pics of some of my husband and kids from last week (same place-no ice cream!).

Me and the girls.
My mom and the girls.




                   



















My hubby and our girls.

Me and our girls.
This is the first year since 2012 that we haven't gotten our boy in the pic (he was at football...as usual), but if you want to visit our sunflower pics over the years, click here- It's a sunshine day!. It's fun to look back and see how my girls are growing into such beautiful young ladies.

I pray you have a wonderful Wednesday!!

***I encourage you to also follow these links to #Entrusted , lifeway.com/entrusted, Beth Moore's latest study of 2 Timothy. We can study it together!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment