Monday, September 5, 2016

Labor Day

1 Corinthians 15: 58
" Therefore my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourself fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. "


Happy Labor Day! Some of us may have the day off from work to celebrate this national holiday, but others: first responders, doctors, nurses, caregivers, and those that work in retail, are still hard at work. This verse in 1 Corinthians is reminding us that laboring for God is not something that we should take a break from either. Whether you are called to physically labor or called to intercede for others in prayer, our labor in the Lord is never in vain. I may be asked to give a kind word or deliver a meal, Lord, doing your work is truly a blessing. I pray that I may always be ready to serve others for You.

Well, it's September 5th, another one of my children had a birthday yesterday! His first High School football game of the season is Thursday night, our first regular season Ravens game is coming up this Sunday, and this morning when I walked our dog, there was a nip in the air. Fall is definitely around the corner. I have to say, as much as I love summer, I really like the comfort and fun that the fall season brings to me and my family. I already lit my fall scented candle, I've been looking for an early fall wreath for my front door and I bought my first mum yesterday. It's time to take down all of my American flags (that I literally have all over my front garden) and autumn it up!! My girls are thinking about fall, too. Earlier this morning, my girls were talking Halloween costumes!!! Sheesh! I have to admit I love to see them dressed up for trick or treating, too. I have some cuties!! Here's a pic of the gang from last year.

My 13 year old (then 12 yr old) dressed up too, but was already at a friends house when we took this pic.

My youngest, who is 3 this year for Halloween, wants to be Tigger again. So funny! I thought I'd mix it up a bit though, and add a little something. Here's a pic I found on Google Images, of what I have in mind...

Image result for tigger super tigger halloween
This is what I have in mind: a purple cape and mask, gloves and a "T" on her chest! Super Tigger!!
(This image is from Poohs Heffalump Halloween Movie)

I hope I haven't scared you! I'm truly only ready for fall in the most minute way, however, I'm truly motivated to get fall rolling around here. Don't worry, you still have plenty of time to get ready, the first day of fall isn't until Thursday, September 22nd. In the meantime, enjoy your Labor Day!

I pray you have a day of rest and peace...and maybe a hotdog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment