Friday, September 16, 2016

Let the games begin!

Zechariah 8: 5
" The city streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there. "


This verse is about God's promises and blessings to the Jews who had been exiled. "Old men and women shall again sit in the streets of Jerusalem...the streets of the cities shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets." (NKJV  portion of vs. 3-5). I envision parents and grandparents watching the children playing after school, like I see around my neighborhood. Isn't it great knowing that even way back in the Old Testament that children were meant to run and play and have fun, and as parents and grandparents, we were meant to enjoy their merriment! Thank you, Lord, for the joy our children bring us, just because they are children!

Well, it's been another busy week at my house. My 3 year old and her bff started gymnastics class this week and my 15 year old son started his football season (it actually started last week, but he was sent home sick on game day last week, ugh!!). I have some pics of my kiddos on the dawning of their Olympic and NFL careers...

1st day of gymnastics. She was soooo excited!!
Just pulling into the parking lot, this was her expression!!

These next photos were taken through a plexiglass window...forgive the quality.

Warming up!
Look at that form, and strength!!!


































And here's what I have for football. Thankfully my mother was there and took some pics of us watching the game.


This is my 13 year old (on the left), and my 10 year old is sitting with my dad (on the right, obviously). My husband and I were there, too (and so was my mom), but I was so excited I forgot to take pictures. There are none of my boy in his uniform either. Wah, wah, wah. They won, 20-6!! And my baby had an interception!!! Go Cobras!

So, here's a pic of him and his team on a scrimmage game they played in August. I'll try to do better next time.
Our team is in gold and gray. 
Whatever your weekend looks like, I hope that you take even just a few minutes and enjoy watching your children do something they love. Watching them being children can bring you so much happiness. (***WARNING- Do NOT watch them clean their room or attempt any other chore that is important to you! It will only bring you frustration and much anxiety!!!***)

I pray you have a wonderful weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment