Thursday, September 22, 2016

Fall y'all

Galatians 6: 9
" Let us not grow weary of doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. "


 I love the change of the seasons, especially summer to fall. The Bible tells us that "to everything there is a season" (Ecclesiastes 3), and in the verse from Galatians above, Paul reminds us that at the "proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up".  That might have to be my 1st tattoo!! "do not give up"!! That's faith, that's hope. Even when we are in the midst of troubled seasons, the proper time will come and we will reap the harvest. Amen.

Happy 1st day of fall y'all!! I already started to decorate after Labor Day, just here and there. But today, it's official! I can pull out all the stops now. I really don't care to put a lot of Halloween decor outside until well into October, I like a nice transitional decor for this time of year. For me it's about apples, leaves changing color, collecting acorns, and now I want to incorporate some pumpkins, not jack-o-lanterns yet: pumpkins. I've been noticing a lot of white pumpkins and orange pumpkins, and... blue pumpkins! So pretty. Apparently, there really are blue pumpkins! Who knew?! And, blue and orange are so complementary (literally they are complementary colors on the color wheel!). You certainly can't go wrong with that. A special blue pumpkin that I saw in Michael's the other day, was a teal pumpkin (I guess teal is really a blue-green). The teal pumpkin has special meaning for my family. It's the color of the Teal Pumpkin Project. Basically, if you are displaying a teal pumpkin in front of your home, you are providing non-food item treats for children with allergies. What a great idea! My youngest has a peanut allergy and Halloween is a tricky time for her (no pun intended). I encourage you all to take part in this project, it literally could save a child's life.

Here's the cute teal pumpkin, I saw in Michael's the other day.

Isn't this a cute idea?!

Or, you can download one of these flyers- here.

And here's a closeup of the card.

Here is an actual blue pumpkin...

IMG_7090 - Version 2 (1)
Told you!!
Image found on Google Images- here

I pray that you enjoy your 1st day of fall and that you won't grow weary in your current season of life, harvest time is coming for all who believe and have faith!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment