Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I'm Batman

Leviticus 11: 19
" the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe, and the bat. "


What's a hoopoe?? I had to look that one up. It's actually a kind of bird with a crown of feathers and a long tapered bill. Why is it mentioned here in Leviticus? Well, you shouldn't eat them! That's ok by me, I wouldn't eat them anyway. Unless it's on a tray and pre wrapped in the grocery store, chances are it's not for me. Nor are we to eat bats. I'm equally ok with that one. Here in Leviticus, God has given Aaron and Moses all of the dietary rules that were to be adhered to by the Israelites. Some of these I can get behind, even today. But others, like in vs. 12, " anything living in the water that does not have fins or scales is to be regarded as unclean to you. ", I just can not! I'm a Marylander for heaven's sake. This is crab country. So, Lord, thank you for the New Testament, thank you that God, through Paul in 1 Timothy (and other places), tells us that, "For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received in thanksgiving.". I still won't be eating a hoopoe or a bat, but this Maryland girl sure is thankful for her steamed crabs!

I don't think I've had any steamed crabs this season, that's ok though, because they are usually more plentiful this time of year and less costly...Honey, let's get some crabs this weekend!! Last weekend it was out of the question, we were busy! First thing Saturday morning, I ran in my 5K that I told you about last week (see- Go for the gold!). And remember I said it was costume "optional"? Not for me!! I was Batman (or woman, I'd actually prefer girl, but that's another story). So here are some fun pics of me as Batman. I said fun, not pretty, I'm not a pretty runner...so be kind.

Here I am, keeping Gotham City safe.


Starting off...


...Finishing strong!!

I think I might lose the running pants and don some black leggings so I can use this costume again for Halloween. I really enjoyed this run, not because I got to wear this costume (although...so cool!), but because I felt that in a small way, I helped a child and a family.

I pray you have a wonderful week, a wonderful Wednesday, and maybe.... a wonderful crab cake sandwich!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment