Monday, October 3, 2016

New Year

Genesis 22: 12
" ' Do not lay a hand on the boy ', he said. ' Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son. '  "


This is the moment in Genesis when Abraham is relieved of the burden of sacrificing Isaac, his only son from his wife Sarah. Isaac wasn't just any son, he was the covenant child, he fulfilled God's promise to Abraham and Sarah that they would be the father and mother of nations. Quite a promise to an 100 year old man and his 90 year old wife (and I thought I was old when I had my last baby!!). Today in synagogues all around the world, the story of Abraham will be read as they celebrate the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah. Today marks the day that you can begin to have a good year, or a bad year. Thank heaven, I really need a fresh start today, and I'm going to start today as the beginning to my new "good year". Gone is yesterday, today I begin again, new, and fresh. Lord, make this new year a good one!

When the actual calendar new year comes along in January, I am now set. On Friday, my husband surprised me with this great new planner from Anchored Press, that I have wanted. I talked about it in this post -
 I want.... This blogging thing comes in handy, I'm telling you! I can't wait to use it. Not only can I just keep track of day to day "stuff", it also covers meal planning, goal setting, daily devotions, and helps you to keep track of your prayer list. So cool!!!

Here are a few pics of my new planner.

The packaging was even great,
it came with the scripture card and the box said,
"Packaged with Prayer", too cute!
I got exactly the color I wanted!!
(click here to see other styles and colors)

























Here's the month at a glance page...


and here's the daily scripture page and daily planning page.

Happy New Year to you! I pray today, that you plan to do good things to help make today,
 and your year, a good one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment