Thursday, October 13, 2016

Apple Picking

Genesis 3: 6
" When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. "


I always picture an apple tree in the Garden of Eden, it probably wasn't, but the "forbidden fruit" was never actually identified in the Bible so I guess we don't know for sure. Apples are definitely my favorite fall fruit. I love apple cider, apple butter, apple pie, apple cider donuts (oh yes!), apple cobbler, apple dumplings, candied apples, caramel apples. I put them in salads, dip them in caramel sauce, I make applesauce, and my mom just made a Jewish Apple Cake last weekend that was de-lish! Sorry God, if apples were the "forbidden fruit", you should have made that abundantly clear because I didn't get that memo!!

Last week my daughter, her bff, and my mom and I went apple picking at our local orchard. We had a blast. A cool crisp morning, turned into a beautiful,warm, sunny afternoon. Here are some fun pics of our fun day.

But, oh so rewarding!!
Picking apples is tough work!




My adorable mother!

The adorable children!!

The apples were so delicious!
  
Mom and Me!




My baby is getting so big. I love spending these special times with her, before you know it she'll be all grown up!!

Try to spend some extra time with someone you love today, before you know it, time will pass you right by!

 I pray you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment