Monday, October 31, 2016

Easy Treats!

Matthew 11: 30
" For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. "


Being a Christian is easy! Right??? Let me put that into perspective for you. Being a Christian in this fallen world has definite challenges. But becoming a Christian and living a Christian life can be so simple.
Here you go...

Being a Christian in 3 easy steps: By Michelle Genovese.

1. Pray - Do it now and do it often. Ask the Lord to come into your life and confess your sins and try not to repeat the same sins over again. Do this often every day!

2.  Love-  Love the Lord your God with all your heart. Praise and worship comes in handy here. And, go back and do some more of #1- pray.

3.  Love some more- Love your neighbor as you love yourself. (This might be the toughest of the 3...). Yes, even the rotten neighbors, even the Democrat/Republican neighbors!!! Definitely hit some more #1 here, too.

Simple and easy. Right???

Thank you, Lord, that it's so easy to come to you and be with you and tell you anything and everything. Thank you for making becoming a Christian and living a Christian life such a simple and easy concept. I pray, Lord, that you would remind me daily of just how easy it is, and that I would follow these 3 easy steps every moment of everyday. Lord, even when I forget and live my own way, you won't leave me or condemn me. You love me, and welcome me back into your arms just as easily. It truly is that simple.

Today is Halloween!! And I do have to keep it simple around here. I have a crazy, hectic life, and right now it's even crazier and hectic"er" (I know hecticer is not a word, but perhaps it should be). So this year we didn't go all out, we kept it super easy. All of my decor was either from the dollar store, grocery store, or a local discount store. Easy (and cheap!), but so fun!

I picked up the tableware all over town. I went with a stripes and witch theme.
I love a good theme.

These cupcakes/muffins were so easy to make.
3 ingredient muffins (spice cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin puree and 1 cup of chocolate chips, bake 350* for 20 minutes),
 and I topped them with a super simple cream cheese frosting.
The decorations were from the dollar store. 


Cider punch rimmed with maple syrup and brown sugar. Easy!
The punch is equal parts ginger ale and apple cider.

See how easy that was? And to keep it even easier, pizza and a bag of salad for dinner before trick-or-treating and viola, Halloween is done! (insert mike drop here). 

Happy Halloween, Everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment