Thursday, October 6, 2016

Fine with 50???

Isaiah 46: 4
" Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who sustains you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. "


Um, where were you yesterday, Lord, when I had the brilliant idea to stop off and get a quick trim at the $10 hair salon??? There was no rescuing going on there! Lord, you've known me longer than my nearly 50 years, don't you know to save me from myself, yet?! However, Lord, in the light of this new morning, and as your words direct me, thank you for my gray hairs (that hopefully no one but my hairdresser will see). Because I have these gray hairs, I have lived half of a long lifetime. I have gotten to grow up with bare feet in the summertime and played with the friends in my neighborhood and my cousins in the creek at my grandparents house. I have had my first kiss, and loved and lost my first beau.  I have seen 7 beautiful babies take their first breaths here on earth, and watched them grow, and laugh, and dance, and cry... I have lived to see and love all of my grandparents, and mourn with my family as you called each one of them home. I have grown with my very young (that's for you, Mom) parents and have enjoyed watching them love my children and my brother's children. I married the man God placed in my life to care for me, protect me, love me and who finds me beautiful even when my gray hairs grow back in. And, Lord, most importantly, I have grown in the knowledge and love of You, something, that I didn't always understand. Thank you, Lord for sustaining me, carrying me, and for rescuing me.

So, yeah, the hair. What was I thinking? I went in for a trim, and I'm not quite sure what happened. After I washed and styled it last night, I literally sobbed.  Should I go back and see if someone could fix it??  I went from chic to sh_ _ in less than 1/2 hour! Of course, my husband doesn't seem to notice a thing... or maybe he's just being polite. I don't even think it's so much the hair that's bothering me because I usually have the attitude that it's just hair, it'll grow back. Last Friday, I realized that there was only 2 more months of being 49. And even though I've written in the past that I was ok with my age, turning 50 really makes you stop and think. I'm past middle age. I probably won't live to be 100. Have I done all the things God wants me to do? Will there be reconciliation where there is currently hurt? Where do you want me to be Lord? ....Will my hair grow back in time to look chic again before my birthday? I'm just going to have to trust and let God be in control, I don't have the answers, so I have to believe that He does. Thank you, Lord, that your words sustain me and give me hope. No matter how many more years you have for me, thank you, Lord for the gift of the first nearly 50.

Here's a pic of my cute chic hair (sob!)...

Here I was, so happy with my hair,  about 7 weeks ago.

Sorry, there will be no pic of my current haircut...ever!

Are any of you currently struggling with getting a year older? Have you ever gotten a bad haircut? Please comment below, I'd love to hear from you. Misery loves company!! (just kidding).

I pray you have a great day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment