Friday, September 23, 2016

Go for the gold!

Hebrews 12: 1
"..., let us run with endurance the race that is set before us..." (NKJV)


I know I've used this verse before, and probably in the same context I'm going to use it today. I'm running in a 5K tomorrow, so any inspiration that I can find, I'm on it! I think the last time I ran a 5K was over a year ago last spring for our local community town run. That was fun because I ran with lots of members of my family (and I beat my big brother, "Joe Athlete"!).  This time, I'm on my own. My brother and SIL are going out of town, and my parents who are both north of 70 now, are claiming they have "injuries". Cop-out! (just kidding, my parents are awesome!).  I am looking forward to it though, because of the wonderful family that organized it and because of the importance of the foundation that the race will benefit.

The D.O. Believe Foundation is dedicated  to raising awareness and funds for childhood cancer research, in honor of 7 year old Dominic Osorio aka "The Dominator", who earned his angel wings in 2009. Did you know that gold is the national color for childhood cancer and that September is childhood cancer awareness month? I didn't. Now that you know, and there is only one more week left in September, I urge you to support this cause, and the families that are affected by childhood cancer, as best you can. You can run in this race, The 7th Annual Dominator 5/10K Run & 1 Mile Walk, and if you live in my area, I challenge you to run along with me. If you're not a runner (or walker), or aren't local, you can also donate just by clicking on this link-  D.O. Believe Foundation.


This race is also superhero costume optional, and encouraged. Well, you know me (or not), don't ask me twice, I'm right on it!! Like little Dominic, I'm going to find the superhero in me. Please take a moment and click on any of the links above and read Dominic's story...and please, make a donation. Thank you!

I pray you have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment