Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Hacked!!

Psalm 74: 5
" They behaved like men wielding axes to cut through a thicket of trees. "


The word "hacked" to me had somewhat negative connotations. Like for instance, in the verse above, you could substitute the word "hacked" for "cut through". These particular men in this verse were enemies of the Jews and they destroyed the temple!! Or, you might be thinking that getting your computer hacked would be a bad thing, too. Your personal information could be compromised or someone could post something on your blog or your social media accounts that would harm (like a virus) or hurt (the feelings of) someone. But, I'm here to tell you (and maybe I'm late to the ballgame!!), that a hack can be a good thing, too! Here's a modern definition of the word "hack".

hack
/hak/
noun

a clever solution to a tricky problem


Unbeknownst to me, I have shared some hacks with you before! One of my favorite hacks is going through my closet and seeing what I have that is similar to the latest and greatest catalog that I have received in the mail. It's a great way to freshen up your wardrobe for a new season without spending a lot of money. Here's one of my favorite posts from a few months ago, Catalog Copycat.

This was a great find for $0, because I already had similar pieces in my wardrobe.
Great hack, too, Baby!!

I searched for some other hacks in Pinterest and there are tons of them, from how to apply makeup, to how to clean window blinds, and everything in between. I am loving me a good "hack"!!! As I'm looking to transition into fall, I'm looking through my wardrobe to see what needs to be updated or freshened up. I realized that I don't have a lot of slacks. I have jeans and yoga pants ("momiform" must haves), but I don't have any go-to pants that can take me from playtime to adult time. Here are some really good looking pants that fit the bill. Betabrand is clothing that is innovative, stylish and functional. I was perusing through their website last week, when I found these stylish pants.

straight-leg
Dress Pant Yoga Pants- Betabrand
These pants come in 3 different styles and so many colors. 
Click here to see more- women's pants- Betabrand
What a stylish way to update your wardrobe with beautiful dress slacks that are comfortable and versatile! One pair of pants that can do it all,  now that's a good hack!!

Here are some more Style Hacks from Betabrand, that'll help spruce up your wardrobe as we get (and keep) our wardrobes ready for a new fall season.


A big thank you to my friends at Betabrand for sharing this hack with us. Please take a moment and look through their website at all of their fun, functional clothing. Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you.

I pray that you have a wonderful Wednesday!



*All opinions expressed in this blog post are strictly my own...as usual!!



No comments:

Post a Comment