Friday, April 29, 2016

Catalog Copycat

Psalm 73: 7
" These fat cats have everything their hearts could ever wish for! " (NLT)


Believe me, you don't want to be one of the people  David is referring to in this psalm. By the end of the chapter they are doomed! Their hearts are not wishing for the right things, they are far from God. Even though David admits that he initially admired them, until he "entered the sanctuary of God" (vs.17NIV), and it became clear that God was all he needed. "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (vs.26NIV). Thank you, Lord, that you have already provided us with everything we need...You! Amen.

Speaking of everything we need... actually, more like anything my heart could ever wish for, I received another Talbots catalog in the mail this week. I wish for everything!! But that certainly is not practical, is it? So after a closer inspection, I found I already have similar pieces of some of those great outfits in my wardrobe. Some of them are even from Talbots. That's why I love classic clothing, and Talbots certainly fits the bill.

Here's what I wore yesterday...

Knit top-Talbots (no longer available)
White strait leg jeans- Gloria Vanderbilt (gift)
and here's a picture from the May 2016 Talbots catalog...

Talbots Catalog- Savor Summer
Page 46.
Now don't get me wrong, here, I know it's not exact. The idea is to see a style you like in a catalog, and try to duplicate what you can with what you already own. And of course there is nothing wrong with adding some great new pieces to freshen things up. I actually had some other similar pieces too, that I'll show you next week. So fun! By the way, a big round of applause for my favorite 9 (nearly 10) year old photographer! 

I pray you have a wonderful weekend!
 We're having a big, big day here at our house, my favorite husband is turning 50 today! 
Let the festivities begin!!!

***Don't forget to leave a comment, so you can be entered in the 10,000 Giveaway***








No comments:

Post a Comment