Thursday, April 28, 2016

Watch that scene, digging the Sandwich Queen

John 6: 58
" This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever. "


Jesus is the bread of life. Whoever feeds on him will live forever! Got it? Good!

I love to eat!! And when you have a big, busy family like I do, there is a lot of eating going on around here. Lately we've been so busy, that we have been eating A LOT of sandwiches. A LOT!  I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite dinners over the last  few weeks that were simply sandwiches and simply delicious.

The Princess of Pork...
OMG. I'm pretty sure I've shared this one with you before. I make it in my crockpot all of the time, but a couple of months ago I broke my crockpot, and I haven't replaced it yet. So, here's what I did last week. I browned my pork with a little olive oil and salt and pepper on my stove top and then, I placed it in a covered  pot with 12 oz of root beer in a preheated oven at 290* for about 3 hrs and then turned it down to 270* for about 2 more. It was perfection. The pork was so tender it practically fell apart all by itself. I served it with coleslaw, rolls and bbq sauce on the side (honestly, it was so flavorful you didn't even need it).

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
(pic from allrecipes.com)

Chicken Salad.
I don't even follow a recipe for this. I just make it up as I go along. 
-Take 2 large boneless chicken breasts and bake in the oven with olive oil and salt and pepper for about 30-45 minutes at 350* 
- When chicken is cooled, cut into bite sized pieces
- In a large bowl, combine chicken with  a couple of stalks of celery, chopped fresh parsley, a drizzle of lemon juice, about 1 tbsp of course ground mustard, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and mayonnaise to taste (my mom doesn't care for a lot of mayo, my daughter loves it). 
- Serve with rolls or some nice bread (I like a good dark grain bread) with lettuce and tomato, or even on a simple salad.

Image result for chicken salad
Mine looks similar to this
(image found on Google Images- here)
And what's a sandwich without soup (not bad, but better!).
I made this soup on Monday with some BLT's. It was the bomb!!!

(Click here for recipe)
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
(Image found on The Pioneer Woman website)
Even my youngest loved it and asked for more! 

Don't forget to write a comment to be entered into my 10,000 Giveaway. 
I pray you have a simply wonderful day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment