Tuesday, April 19, 2016

This land is your land

Psalm 33: 12
" Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his heritage. "


It's been on my heart, through this election season, to pray for our nation. Whatever your political view, praying for our candidates, our state and local representatives, our senators and congressmen, and our president, is so important. And, "Lord, smite them all" (on either/any side of the aisle), is NOT appropriate!! Let's get together and pray for God to guide our representatives and to continue to bless our nation. We, as Americans, are so blessed. Why do you think we have an immigration problem? People are just clambering to get in!! Lord, thank you that I live in the greatest nation in the world. A place where I am free to write down and share my thoughts and my beliefs. I pray that we never lose sight of the sacrifices of those that have gone before us, and of those that continue to protect us and represent us, to make our nation the "Land of the free and the home of the brave"! Play Ball!! (I don't know why I put that at the end, it just sounded right, lol!)

I think my husband's mission in life is to find me/us the perfect place to live. We've narrowed it down. Somewhere in the U.S. will be perfect!  We love Maryland, specifically for the change of seasons and that we are so close to the beaches, the mountains, and to D.C.  Annapolis is one of the prettiest places we've ever lived because of the Rivers and the Chesapeake Bay and the culture of the capital city with it's history, and the Naval Academy. Harford County is beautiful for it's rolling hills and agriculture and it's close proximity to Philadelphia and Baltimore. So many beautiful spots. We spend a lot of our weekends driving around and looking at our future possibilities. After church on Sunday, we drove to the eastern shore. We looked at some beautiful rural communities with picturesque views and landscapes. And... there was the promise of a crab cake dinner involved! Aren't I lucky to live where I live?

Here's a couple of pics from our excursion on Sunday.

My favorite, almost 10 yr old,  photographer took this pic.
I'm wearing a navy and white striped handkerchief bottomed tank from The Pink Silhouette (no longer available)
I found this similar top at TJ Maxx- Crochet Shoulder Top 


I turned the tables on my photographer.
Isn't she cute!


This particular piece of property backs up to a vineyard!
Oh yeah!!
I got my crab cake sandwich, here.
Harris Crab House is a family friendly restaurant on the Kent Narrows in Grasonville MD.
What a great view!

If you could live anywhere, where would you live?? I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.***Remember, leaving a comment on the day I reach 10,000 views will get you entered into the 10,000 contest*** We are sooo close.

I pray you have a terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment