Thursday, April 7, 2016

This book is for the dogs

Matthew 15: 27
" 'Yes it is, Lord.' , she said. 'Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master's table.' "


This is a great story in Matthew about Jesus healing a woman's daughter. What is so remarkable about this story, is that at first, Jesus seems to be sending the woman on her way.  This woman is persistent, though, and by the end of their conversation, the woman's daughter is healed. That is how you want us to be, Lord, with you. We need to come to you with persistence in our prayers and petitions. Thank you, Lord, for hearing us. Never give up, be persistent, there is hope in the cross!

I think dogs are my favorite animals. There was a brief period where it was horses, but I do love me some doggies!! My favorite dog growing up was my "Sugar". We chose her in a litter of puppies and I got to name her. It was probably a misnomer, but I loved her just the same. Then my next favorite dog was "Honey". I did not name her, but somebody got it right! She was the sweetest golden retriever in the world (I'm pretty sure!).  We currently have a dog who is also sweet, her name is "Sophia". I named her thinking I was finished having children, and that was one of my favorite girl names. Obviously, I'm not very perceptive.  I currently have a new dog in my life, it's "Charlie, the Ranch Dog".  If you follow my blog, you know that I love the Pioneer Woman- Ree Drummond. Well, while at the library last week, I came upon these fun books for my daughter written by Ree Drummond (and Diane deGroat) about her dog, Charlie, and his adventures on the ranch. So cute! They are found in the "I Can Read" section, and are the perfect length to hold my active preschooler's attention. Thank you, Pioneer Woman, not only are you feeding my family, you are entertaining them now as well!

Here's one of the books...

Charlie the Ranch Dog: Charlie Goes to the Doctor
I found the book, here on the internet.
Here is my daughter with another one of the books at my local library.


And, here's our sweet Sophia...

We were told she is part Plott Hound and part Bluetick Coonhound.
She ain't nothin' but a Hound dog!

Don't forget about the giveaway. Every day I'm getting closer to 10,000 views. Make sure you comment every day, one comment will be randomly chosen on the day I hit 10,000 views and that person will receive a fabulous prize!! I pray the rest of your week is fabulous, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment