Monday, April 4, 2016

O' pening Day!

John 1: 1
" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. "


I love new beginnings, don't you? When you begin a new game, it doesn't matter who won the last game; you start over. No one is in the lead, no one starts in the negative, you begin from the beginning; a fresh start. We are so blessed to have a God that begins anew with us. We have a fresh new beginning every time we go to him with a our sin and ask for forgiveness. God pushes the reset button, we are washed clean, we have a new day, a new beginning. "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! " (2 Corinthians 5:17).  Thank you, Lord, for beginning again, with me. Today is my opening day!

The O's have their home opener today. Yay! Go O's!! It's a new season, so we start today and play 162 games in the regular season. Hopefully we'll get to play some more in the postseason, too. I egregiously forgot about this event, in my post last week, Eventless in April. Forgive me. We won't be going anywhere, it'll be just another busy day in my home, but I do try to make it a little more memorable, a little more special.

Here's what we'll probably do today...

First of all, we'll don our orange and black.
This was 2 years ago. I can't believe how much my baby girl has changed!

 We'll definitely, need a fun menu.

Alton Brown's Darn Near Perfect Popcorn: The best popcorn isn't just served in a bowl, it's popped in one. Get my method now.:
Popcorn!
(Image found on Pinterest- here)
10 tasty hot dog toppings combos... #MNhighLIFE #Minneapolis #Minnesota:
Image found on Pinterest- here.
(Article from Rachel Ray Every Day)

And dessert. I made this orange cake a few months ago, but it would be perfect for today.

Click here for recipe- A Mystery to Me

I had a post last year with some other fun ideas, you can look at that here- Home Opener


Let me know if you have any special plans for today. Leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you.
 I pray you have a fun day, and great new beginning!


No comments:

Post a Comment