Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Eventless in April!

Deuteronomy 14: 26
" Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine, or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. "


God wants us to celebrate. He gives us reasons to celebrate. We are to, "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice. " (Philippians 4:4). There's nothing wrong with a good party! I pray today, that you would have many reasons to celebrate all the Lord has done in your life. Rejoice, Rejoice!

I was looking ahead in my calendar for April and I didn't see any holidays, so I Googled it. I guess I could celebrate National Tartan Day, which is April 6th. Of course Passover and Orthodox Easter are later in the month, but I'm not Jewish or Orthodox. There's no decoration or theme I can use for April Fools Day (I can't stand that!). What's a girl to do?? Fortunately for me I do have a big reason to celebrate at the end of the month. My husband is going to be 50!! Unlike my children, I probably won't be having a theme party, like Dora, but I'll at least have a plan for a nice meal and a festive cake. What would you do for a fun, festive, 50th birthday?

Here's what I'm thinking...

These adorable baskets make for the perfect decor for dinners, parties or crab feasts! These are hand painted with Eastern Shore themed designs and:
I think I can use this for a more adult theme.
He loves steamed crabs with extra spice!
(image from Pinterest- here)

crab boil. yummm.:
No need for an expensive table cloth.
Newspapers and crab mallets for us.
Even though April is a bit early for corn and tomatoes,
I think I definitely need to find some.
(image from Pinterest- here)
FREE printable labels to make your own Root Beer Float Kit! This would make the perfect Father's Day gift!
My hubby doesn't drink beer,
but he loves a good root beer float!
(image from Pinterest- here)



Pineapple upside down birthday cake:
Here's  fun twist to his traditional favorite, Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
(image from Pinterest- here)
Hopefully this will be enough to keep me going for the month! Have a terrific Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment