Monday, March 14, 2016

Sunshine on my shoulders

Ecclesiastes 11: 7
" Light is sweet and it pleases the eye to see the sun. "


What a wonderful couple of days we had last week, sun and 70* weather in March. I love the sunshine!! Today, of course, it's raining, but that's ok. I know more warm weather and sunshine are just around the corner. The Bible is full of references to God and Jesus as the light. We are told, " in Him there is no darkness at all" (1 John 1: 5). We know that night will fall and the dark will come, but we don't have to fear, because with a new day the light will break and we will be basking in the sunshine again.

Last week, I made a delicious cake that I thought would be a great Easter dessert. My friend Holly shared it on Facebook. It's called Pineapple Sunshine Cake. I found it on this blog, Belle of the Kitchen. What a great blog for recipes. It's written by a military wife and mother who focuses on eating healthy in a real and sensible way and...she loves chocolate and coffee. A girl after my own heart!

Click here for recipe- Pineapple Sunshine Cake

What a delicious, simple recipe. I will definitely be making this one again. Of course, it was extra delicious in the morning with my coffee!!

I pray your week, is full of new beginnings and sunny days!

No comments:

Post a Comment