Monday, March 21, 2016

Pretty dresses for pretty girls

1 Timothy 2: 9
" I also want the women to dress modestly,with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with the elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, "


This letter (or epistle) is from Paul to Timothy, a young church leader in Ephesus. You need to put in context the time in which it was written. however, you can also see how it is still good guidance for today. I don't think that Paul is giving fashion advice here. I think he is trying to help a young pastor with issues he is having at his church. But also, you have to agree that, with some of today's fashions, it's still pretty good advice. Dressing modestly with decency and propriety should be something we strive for daily, especially if we have young daughters that look to us for guidance on how to conduct themselves. As for the expensive jewelry or gold, I think too, that this is all relative. What might be out of the question for me to purchase, might be just fine for you. What is important is that our sole purpose should not be about what we should wear or how we should look, but on how our hearts and minds should be focused on Jesus. If that's good and clear, then everything else is icing on the cake, and you know how much I love a good piece of cake!

So, Easter is less than a week away. I haven't done very much at all to prepare. The Easter baskets are still up in the attic neatly boxed away from last year. I haven't purchased one piece of candy or blade of Easter grass. I only have 3 eggs in the refrigerator, certainly not enough to boil and dye for my big brood. Somehow it will all get done. One thing that I have done (because my husband is on top of things), is that we purchased some cute shoes for our 2 youngest girls and our "baby" has a precious Easter dress. I love it that my girls like pretty dresses (just like their mom!!).

Here's my precious 3 yr old with her doll, Addyson.
This year we splurged a little bit (thank you Uncle Sam!) and purchased her an American Girl/Bitty Baby dress and matching doll dress. We got an on-line coupon as well, yay!
This pic should be titled, "Messy hair, don't care!"
Here's where you can purchase one for your favorite girl-  Bitty Baby Dolls/American Girl

This year we got the girls sandals. My 9 yr old picked out a pair a few weeks ago and then we got a similar pair for our 3 yr old with our "Kohl's Cash". I love a good deal at Kohl's!

Candie's® Girls' Gladiator Sandals
My 9 yr old loves these.
Candies Girls Gladiator Sandals- Kohl's
Jumping Beans® Toddler Girls' Metallic Sandals
My toddler feels like a princess in these.
Jumping Beans Toddler Girls Metallic Sandals- Kohl's

I like that these sandals are versatile to wear all spring and summer long. I can't wait to take pictures with my babies all dolled up. Look for updates later in the week.

I pray that you have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment