Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Healthy

Proverbs 25: 19
" Like a broken tooth or a lame foot is reliance on the unfaithful in a time of trouble. "



I went to the dentist yesterday for a checkup. I got a whole series of x-rays and my teeth cleaned. My hygienist gave me a good report. Love that! (I don't love the scraping!) It's miserable when your teeth aren't healthy. There have been times in my life when I have suffered from toothaches, I've even broken a tooth. Before you can get to the dentist you have to rely on those teeth in your mouth to get you through a meal or two, and that makes it even more miserable. Maybe you even skip a meal because of the pain. This verse in Proverbs is likening our reliance on people without faith to these times in our lives. We need to be aware of the people we rely on in life. Should we not associate with some people because they don't know God? No. Jesus clearly ministers to all people. We are called to bring comfort  to others and give them hope. However, we do need to watch who we associate with on a regular basis, lest we be led astray. Fellowship with other believers is critical for edification so that we grow spiritually healthy. I pray today that as you take the time to go to the doctor and dentist to be physically healthy, that you would also take the time to have fellowship with other Christians to maintain your spiritual health. Amen.

Last week, I showed you the cheesecake that I made for our Tuesday small group. Delicious! But I ended that post feeling sort of guilty. I do love to eat, however, I sometimes overdo it a bit, especially after baking and eating said baking all winter long (I love to eat!!). I've picked up a few pounds, or more...and I really need to fit back into my spring and summer wardrobe. I can't afford to go out and buy all new clothes, especially bigger clothes. So, I have started to run again and last night for small group, I took a tray of strawberries and vanilla Greek yogurt to share. I'm not going to go on a big "diet", but I do need to be more active and watch what I'm eating. We all do. So here are a couple of fun things that I've started to do in the last few weeks.
Side Salad
This is my choice at  Chick-fil-A these days. A side salad.
Instead of my usual sandwich, fries and lemonade (still so delicious),
 I have been sharing a grilled nugget meal with my daughter .
I just use some of her nuggets for my salad and she gets the rest!


Thanks to President Kennedy, I will forever have this song in my head.
Chicken Fat!!
We used to exercise to this song in Gym class in the 1970's.
I pulled this tune up on YouTube a couple of weeks ago, and my 3 year old and I do it all the time now.

Of course this is not all of the changes I'm trying to make. I drink a mug of water every morning before I drink my coffee, to help to fill me up and to hydrate me. I mentioned earlier that I started to run again (weather permitting, it was nearly 70* yesterday and now they are calling for snow again on Friday!). Running helps me to regain focus and it's a great stress reliever, too. 

Let me know what healthy things you are trying. I'd love to hear about them. Please take a moment and share a comment below.
 I hope your Wednesday is full of healthy, wonderful things!

No comments:

Post a Comment