Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tuesday night

Acts 2: 46
" Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, "


Tuesday nights for my family are Bible study nights. We are in a small group that meets at the home of a family from our church. It is a time of prayer, reflection and fellowship. By fellowship, I mean, we eat! I truly look forward to my Tuesday nights. One of these Tuesdays, I'm sure God's going to come right into that living room and perfect my life....I just know it!! (just kidding). Meeting together with other Christians isn't about a group of perfect people becoming more perfect. It's imperfect people, getting together with other imperfect people, sharing all of our imperfections; but also sharing the hope and blessings that we have despite how imperfect we are....and we eat! Thank you, Lord, for the fellowship of others. Amen!

Our "small" group has grown larger this session, so what was just 3 couples before Christmas, has turned into 6 or more couples and some individuals as well. What a great group! To lighten the load a bit for our hostess, we all bring something to share. There's usually a pizza, some chicken nuggets, cookies, cupcakes, etc. I've been bringing cookies the last few weeks. I'm switching it up tonight, though. I'm bringing my favorite cheesecake recipe. I have been using a modified recipe from Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman). As you might know, she's one of my fave bloggers/cookbook authors/Food Network celebs. She cooks real food for real families. I can certainly relate.

Here's the recipe.

Blackberry Cheesecake Squares
Raspberry Cheesecake Squares- Ree Drummond (food network)
(Click above link for recipe)
My youngest has a nut allergy, so I have to change this recipe just a tad. I don't add any nuts to the crust. The vanilla cookies and butter are just fine alone. Also, I don't make the topping, I have some picky eaters, and quite frankly, it makes it so much easier for me. Usually, I just sugar some fruit and let the kids decide if they want some on top or not. Super easy!

Here's my cheesecake fresh out of the oven.
Just a few hours in fridge and look out stomach,  here it comes! 

I hope you have a terrific Tuesday! I'll see you tomorrow, at which time we will begin our new feature, "Work-it-off Wednesdays!!!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment