Thursday, February 11, 2016

Blue line

John 15: 13
" Greater love has no man than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. "


Today we are in shock here in my little town. Two of our very own brave deputies were taken by gunfire yesterday. Nothing like this has happened in our county in over 100 years. As the wife of a law enforcement officer, it really hits home. While I realize the danger that my husband puts himself in everyday, it hasn't been since the Baltimore riots last year, that I have felt so anxious about what my husband does. I know he would do whatever it takes to come home to his family, but I know too, that there are people out there that don't put any value on life and wouldn't hesitate to take away the life of my husband, one of his brothers or sisters in blue, or for that matter, anyone else. It is a miracle that no one else was injured yesterday, as this tragedy took place in a busy local shopping center.  While tragedy could befall any one of us on any given day, most of us do not have jobs like our military, police, fire, and EMT's; a job where you are literally running towards danger to help those in need. Today I would specifically ask for prayers of comfort for the families and friends of these brave men who laid down their lives for their fellow man. I ask that you would also pray for the Harford County Sheriff's Department in this time of tragedy. Lord, protect and sustain these brave men and women who serve our community, and for all of those who go out everyday to protect and serve our state, our great nation, and the world. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment