Monday, February 1, 2016

Self-ie


Luke 9: 23
" Then he said to them all: ' Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. ' "


In this era of "selfies" this is probably a tough verse to wrap our minds around. Does that mean, I don't take care of my physical appearance or try to look nice? No. On the contrary, my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit (see 1 Cor 6: 19). I am charged by God to take care of it. And, when I balk at putting pictures of myself on my social media, I need to remember this, "He has made everything beautiful in it's time." (Eccl. 3: 11).  We have to walk the fine line of putting ourselves first, and putting God first. He alone can see our hearts. I pray today that as you see your reflection in the mirror or in a "selfie" you've taken, you see how beautiful you are in your Father's eyes. Deny yourself, but don't deny who God made you to be. After all, we are precious in his sight.

Even though we've been cooped up for months (well, maybe days,but it feels like months!), I do try to look presentable.  I don't want to scare away my husband, the children, or the neighbors, after all! So here are a few things that I liked enough to take a picture of, and something I thought would be cute for a casual Valentine's Day.
This top is Macbeth Collection- Margaret Josephs
The BFF Blouse Margarita Casablanca.
I really liked the splash of color on a cold, gray winters day.

I LOVE this nail pen!
Sally Hansen- I Heart Nail Art Pens are easy to use and comes in lots of great colors.
Definitely use a clear top coat when you get your desired design.

ONLY A FEW LEFT!! 💛 I LOVE YOU A LATTE 💛
I can't wait to add this Tee to my collection.
How perfect for a coffee lovers Valentine!
For Keeps Clothing Company

I pray your week is full of beauty and love. Happy February!

No comments:

Post a Comment