Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Stripes

1 Peter 2: 24
" who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness- by whose stripes you were healed. " -NKJV


In this Lenten season, I hope you are taking time to examine the sacrifice of Christ's death for us. Of course we truly remember his sacrifice on Good Friday (this year it's Friday, March 25th), but daily we need to come to God and appreciate how our Lord, a sinless man, took upon himself the sins of the world and paid the ultimate price. The wages of sin is death. Through his death our payment has been made. Through his stripes we are healed! 

Stripes, when I hear this word, I immediately think of the movie starring Bill Murray from 1981. Not very biblical, I know. Certainly not a Christian flick, so irreverent and funny in it's time. I also think of...you guessed it...clothes. I own a loft of striped tops and dresses. They remind me of the nautical look that I love. I was recently running (literally running, the family was out in the car waiting) through my local Target when I spotted an adorable striped dress that I had to have. What I like about this particular dress is the 3/4 sleeve that I can wear now in the cooler months, and feel comfortable well into spring or even a cool summer evening. Wear it now with tights and booties, in the spring and summer with some strappy sandals. So versatile!
Women's A Line Long Sleeve Striped Swing Dress Black/White - Le Kate
Womens A Line Long Sleeve Swing Dress Black/White- Le Kate- Target

Here's what I'm wearing today, an oldie, but a goodie.
Classics never go out of style!
similar top here- Talbots
And...stripes from the past!!!




I pray you have a terrific Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment