Friday, March 25, 2016

Feed me!

John 6:35
" And Jesus said to them, ' I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.' " (NKJV)


Today is Good Friday. Today we remember the ultimate sacrifice of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, on the cross at Calvary. I hope today that you put aside some of your business, and truly reflect on that sacrifice. One that was without sin, took the sin of the world on himself and paid the price of that sin; which is death. We didn't earn it, and we didn't deserve it. This payment was made for us despite ourselves. A gift that was freely given, because of love. Lord, thank you doesn't seem adequate enough for the sacrifice that we remember today.  But we do thank you, Lord, and because you gave us this gift, we need to pass it on in love, as freely as it was given to us.  " For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. " John 3:16 (NKJV)

For the first time today I am going to try to fast. It is an extremely small sacrifice to make given all that God has given to me. But, I have to say, I'm already hungry!! This truly is a challenge for me because I love to eat! The hope is, as in any time of fasting and reflection, that when I do feel hungry (and I know it'll probably be ALL day for me), that it will remind me of WHY I have chosen to fast. Every time I feel the urge to grab a potato chip or even a healthy strawberry, I need to refocus my thoughts on Jesus. Please pray for me, but also my poor family that will have to handle their hungry mom all day!

(Image found on Google Images-click link here)

No comments:

Post a Comment