Monday, May 2, 2016

Busy, busy, busy

Luke 10: 40
" But Martha was distracted with all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, ' Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me! ' "


So, who can identify with this story, in Luke chapter 10, of Jesus' visit to Martha and Mary's house?? I would love to say that, just like Mary, I would sit at Jesus' feet and listen to all he had to say. Sadly, no, I would be more like Martha, running around like a chicken with my head cut off (what a graphic expression) trying to tidy up and make sure everyone had something to eat and drink. And I'd probably even have a theme going on like, " Loaves and Fishes" or "The Transfiguration". The second theme would lend itself to costumes, we could all dress up like Moses or Elijah. Fun times, fun, fun times. And something else unfortunate, just like Martha, I too, would be complaining... Forgive me Lord, for my grumbling. I know you have given me gifts and talents to share, and a crazy, busy life with lots of beautiful children, but help my focus to be on you, Lord, and on your blessings. Lord, help me to love and serve you in thanksgiving and joy. Amen.

What a busy weekend, and a crazy busy week coming up. For me, it started last week. My husband turned 50 on Friday!  Even though we had a low key, family evening, I still wanted to make his birthday this year extra special. Here are a few pics of his special day.


 Of course I had a theme! It was a nautical/beach theme. I found the paper plates and napkins at Tuesday Morning (oh my goodness, what a neat store!), made a few crab decorations with my toddler, and got a few things at Dollar Tree.


Add a few presents and the cutest cake ever!! And voila, 50th Birthday fun!!!


Happy 50th Birthday to my best friend, my husband, and the love of my life!!

Join me all week as I prepare for Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with you, lol!), Cinco De Mayo, 
The Kentucky Derby and of course Mother's Day!! Oh yeah ,and 2 track meets, Bible Study, and a Flag Football game.
 And...DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT. THIS IS THE WEEK I'LL HIT 10,000 VIEWS!!!

Have a blessed Monday!






No comments:

Post a Comment