Thursday, May 19, 2016

I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy!

Isaiah 60: 12
" For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined. "


Well, if that's not a good reason to serve God, I'm not sure what is! Lord, I pray for my nation today. As we are entrenched in our election process this year and emotions are running high, I pray we remember that you are ultimately in charge. We are ONE nation under God, though we seem to be divided now, bring us together to love and serve you, and your kingdom here on earth. Amen.

So, I have to admit, that at my daughter's chorus concert last night they sang two patriotic tunes and I was no more good. I got a lump in my throat and I had to blink back the tears so I wouldn't start bawling and embarrassing my family. Sorry, not sorry. So it should come as no surprise to you that this time of year, especially with Memorial Day around the corner and summer around the bend, I'm drawn to the red, white and blue of our nation's flag. I started pulling out some of my summer decor this week. Even my wardrobe turns patriotic, I love a good flag shirt or a fun nautical dress. Here are some things that make me feel yankee doodle dandy!

Here's my front door today.
I've had this wreath up since Easter, I love to add a patriotic bow to kick off my summer
of red, white and blue.
This was my table setting for my husbands birthday dinner.
It would certainly be perfect for any celebration from now until
Labor Day!
                         
I love this pic of my husband and 2 youngest
daughters from last May.
We always dress up in our red, white and blue to watch the Blue Angels fly at the  Naval Academy.




These were my Jamberry nail wraps last year while I was on vacation.
They lasted the whole week at the beach!
(click here to see what you could get this year!)

Enjoy your Thursday! I pray you have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment