Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Star Wars Day

Psalm 136: 9
" the moon and the stars govern the night; His love endures forever. "


Lord, thank you for the moon and the stars that govern the night and the sun that brightens my days (and even the rain that is making everything so lush and green!). I feel so blessed by the daily reminders of your steadfast love all around me. Amen.

Happy Star Wars Day! May the 4th be with you!! In the words of Princess Leia, " Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope. ".  Well, actually God is, but you get the idea. I've got another crazy day on tap here: track and book club meetings after school, HOA meeting tonight, husband won't be home until late because of work meeting, I need groceries, I need gas in my van, and my kitchen has been torn apart again for the final phase of the countertop renovation (it's all for the greater good, but oh so inconvenient). Here are a few pics to update you on my kitchen...

This is what my kitchen looked like in March, somewhat put back together.
Here's what was happening last Saturday...

Here's my fave hubby, applying the dark stain we chose.
The day after his 50th birthday, and I had him working!






















And, here's what it looks like today, after the first coat of sealer was applied last night...

The sealer is an important step to protect the stain.
I think it's starting to look like granite!
And here's where I am currently cooking...
the good news is there is a brand new stainless steel
range waiting to be installed.



 I can't wait to show you some more pictures next week. Enjoy your day, and remember...
"You can't win, Darth. Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."-
Obi-Wan, Star Wars: Episode IV
  (not sure what this has to do with anything, but it sounded cool, and it reminds me of Jesus)

 ***Don't forget to leave a comment, you don't want to miss out on 10,000!***



No comments:

Post a Comment