Monday, May 9, 2016

Mom

Jeremiah 30: 6
" Ask and see: Can a man bear children? Then why do I see every strong man with his hands on his stomach like a woman in labor, every face turned deathly pale? "


To be fair to these particular men in this verse, they were living in exile. Unfortunately, Jerusalem was in the path of destruction and capture due to its vulnerable position in the wartorn region between Syria-Palestine and Babylon. But even back then, Jeremiah recognizes the pain women endure to bring children into this world to become mothers. There is no amount of epidural medicine in the world to completely knock out the pain of childbirth (don't get me wrong, it helps immensely!), it eventually wears off and women ultimately still go through the discomfort of healing. The pain doesn't even end there. There is pain in nursing (at first). There are nights when no rest is to be had and the aches and pains of constant ups and downs in the night affect your days. There is pain that we don't physically feel, but we ache in our hearts when our children are hurt, when they fall down and scrape a knee, or fall down and fail at something. There is pain when they go up the steps of the bus on the first day of kindergarten, and walk across the stage on the last day of high school or college. Sometimes the pain is good, it is the pain of the knowledge that our children are no longer children anymore and leave to make their own way in the world. God in His wisdom knew we'd bear this pain for the rest of our lives and countered it with the blessings of hugs and kisses and snuggles, with love and laughter, with memories, and with friendship. To be sure there is more pain to come, but there is also the hope of new days and of new life and eternal love.

I ordered this t-shirt right before Mother's Day and wore it to my daughters' flag football game last Thursday evening. I was going to wear it on Mother's Day, but couldn't wait. It's my new absolute favorite!!

I ordered this tee from shoptaylortots.etsy.com.
Click on the above link and get one, too!

I also want to formally let you know that I had a winner for the 10,000 Giveaway!! Very appropriately for today's post, it was my mom!! Thank you, Mom, for viewing my blog over 10,000 times. Keep it up, Girlfriend!
Here we were yesterday. My mom is receiving her "major award"!!
She selected the striped tee!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom, from one of your biggest pains (probably the biggest). 
And to all of my pains....thank you for the blessings that being your Mom has brought me. I love you all!!




No comments:

Post a Comment