Thursday, August 4, 2016

I SCREAM! for ice cream.

 2 Timothy 2: 23
" Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. "


Wow, did I need this verse yesterday, and again today! (and probably throughout this election season...). I had such a fun day yesterday, however, it started off a little rocky. Actually it started really well, but by the time I got my teenagers up and running and got to my mom's house to meet up with her and some friends for our fun day, it was rocky (and Rocky II, III, IV, etc...maybe even Creed?!). Help me Lord to squelch my temper. The rest of Chapter 2 in 2 Timothy is important, too. It goes on to read, " And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome, but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to the knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who had taken them captive to do his will."  Such important stuff. How can I hope to win anyone to Christ if I so easily lose my temper or I'm yelling at my children all the time? Forgive me, Lord. Help me to be more fruitful in my walk and especially in my talk. Our actions and words are scrutinized by those who don't know you. " Set a guard over my mouth. Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips. " Psalm 141: 3

Today, I am thankful for ice cream!!! Yesterday I drove up to PA to visit  The Turkey Hill Experience.. We opted for the whole experience and paid a little extra for the "Taste Lab". The Taste Lab is where you get to learn about and make your own ice cream flavor: fixin's and all! I have never eaten so much ice cream in one day. So fun! Here are some pics from our "Experience"...

Here are our 3 "nutty"  kids!
Here's our group in the Taste Lab. Yummy!!

My sweet 10 yr old!
My baby girl.













Decisions, decisions!

Just one more ice cream before we go.
If you're ever in the Lancaster County PA area, I encourage to make this stop. We had such a nice day, we'll definitely be going back.

I pray your day is as sweet and delicious as ice cream (with extra toppings!)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment