Monday, August 8, 2016

Not good enough

2 Corinthians 12: 9
" But he said to me, ' My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast gladly about all of my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. "


I had a perfectly lovely weekend. My family and I visited some relatives in Va. Beach to see our new great-nephew. I never thought about it before, but I'm a "Gr-aunt" (grand/great aunt)!!! We went to the beach and out to dinner right on the water, and had the best bacon donuts ever! Not to mention, I got to visit with the sweetest young couple in their new home and meet their beautiful new baby boy. Hmmmm (sigh of contentment). But for some reason this morning I can't seem to get my groove on. I'm somehow feeling inadequate, not good enough. Some of  my thoughts led me to think that I should maybe not write today because I really don't have anything to say that anybody would be interested in or anything important to share, or that there were other people so much more qualified than me who have such learned and important things to say ...STOP! Right here, right now! That's when I put on the armor of God, I opened up my Bible and found the verse above. None of the negative thoughts that I was having seemed important anymore. His grace is sufficient for me, none of the other things matter, because in my weakness, He is strong, He is powerful. So I will boast gladly of my weakness, the enemy holds no power over me, Christ's perfect power rests on me today and forever. Amen!

What a fun time my family and I had this weekend. Today I'm so thankful for the blessing of family. Here are some pics of our weekend.

My new little great nephew and his beautiful mommy!!
3 of my little loves on the beach!























Here we all are at dinner at Bubba's. Delicious and what a view!
Here's a FB link for Bubba's


















I had to take a selfie with my hubby on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

On the way home we stopped in Chincoteague
 to have dinner and play miniature golf.
Here are my 4 "littles" sitting in a BIG chair at the fun park.

And, here's the beautiful sunset that we saw on our way back home. What a beautiful end to a wonderful weekend.
I pray today, that you know you are good enough. You are precious in His sight. On the days that you don't feel you can do it alone, remember you are never alone. You can lean on the One who is your strength when you are weak. Thank you, Lord, for your strength, your mercy and your grace!!

Have a marvelous Monday!!


***Important reminder: Only 7 more days to preorder your copy of Entrusted to receive a free set of Scripture Memory Cards***
Click here: #EntrustedStudy, Lifeway.com/Entrusted

No comments:

Post a Comment