Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Transformation Tuesday!

2 Corinthians 3: 18
" And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. "


So, in this verse Paul is obviously not talking about a makeover, at least outwardly. Paul is telling us about the transformation that occurs in our hearts and in our minds when we put our hope in Jesus. When we are filled with the Holy Spirit, we are transformed. The old has been made new! (paraphrase 2 Corinthians 5:17)  While there are some days that I feel like my Oldy-McOld self, I can look back at my life and see all of the miraculous changes that have taken place in my life. Thank you, Lord, for the "new" me. I look forward to so many more changes. I pray you continue to mold me and transform me!! Amen.

So last week, I had a great idea for a post. I took a picture of myself at pretty much my worst ( I wasn't ill, so I'm sure it could've gone even further downhill)!! I needed a root touchup, new contact lenses, and a hair trim. I have been struggling with my hairstyle lately. I decided to go shorter and I got a very adequate cut a few weeks ago, but it wasn't what I wanted. The week after I got this cut, I cut it again, myself. I just took the scissors and chopped of several inches of my hair. I was actually getting compliments on it after I did that, however, it was so uneven and choppy, it needed to be fixed. Last Tuesday, I got it "fixed" and touched up my roots. I felt like a new person after that. And when I finally had some time to really think about how my post would go...it looked and sounded nothing like it does today. I wanted to wear a whole new outfit, with some cute shoes and make-up that looked like it was professionally done. I realized that the transformation that truly counts is on the inside. With just the few changes that I made outwardly, I felt transformed and new outside, and I've never been in a better place spiritually, so the more important transformation was already taking place on the inside. So here are some mighty scary pictures of me...transformed!!

Last week...

Uuughh!!! definitely not feeling that
I was living up to my full potential, here.
Not too, too bad...at least I was smiling!
























Here I am today!

"I feel better, so much better"!!



I really like my "new" shorter  'do.
I decided that for this post, I wouldn't put on my newest outfit, I'm wearing a cute, classic
polo style dress (similar style found- here) that I purchased years ago.  Pretty and simple.

So, lesson learned for me. I'm glad I took the time to "gussy up" a bit. But the most important changes are occurring inside. Don't get me wrong, there will definitely be some more posts about my newest, latest and greatest outfit or shoes, or a great makeup find. But more importantly, I'll be sharing about my ups, downs, weaknesses, strengths, the trials and triumphs that come with living out my life in Christ. I pray today that we make those kind of changes together!

Have a terrific day!!

***Speaking of transformation, here's the latest and greatest from Beth Moore, #EntrustedStudy, lifeway.com/entrusted . Order your copy today to receive a set of  FREE Scripture Memory Cards!!***


No comments:

Post a Comment