Tuesday, August 30, 2016

This week, last year

Leviticus 26: 10
" You will still be eating last year's harvest when you will have to move it out to make room for the new. "


Leviticus is sort of a guide book for God's people after the exodus from Egypt, but before they are led into the "promised land". It is God's guide to a relationship with Him. Lots and lots of guidelines...but remember these are the same group of people that made a golden calf and started to worship it after Moses went up the mountain to receive God's laws; they needed some guidelines, lots and lots of them! Of course today, we have guidelines too, we have God's word which includes the book of Leviticus and 65 others. While we don't have to adhere to the sacrificial rules set forth in the Old Testament, we do need to remember that God's words are our shield and we need to know them so that we are prepared to fight our daily battles and struggles. I like this verse because it gives hope for those who are keeping their relationship with God (I also like it because they have so much food, they have to get rid of it so they can have more food!!).  Lord, thank you for knowing our weaknesses and struggles, and for giving us your word and your spirit to guide us through them. Amen!

Speaking of struggles...
This week, last year, started off very nicely. The children were just back to school, the weather was beautiful and we spent long warm afternoons playing outside. My then 2 year old, suddenly one evening, complained that her knee was hurting her and just 2 days later we were in the ER and admitted to the hospital (see Walking and jumping for more details). What a week!! If it hadn't been for my faith, I don't know how I would have gotten through it. This year, I'm happy to report that my now 3 year old is perfectly healthy, and even though there are still days I worry about her health (as I do each of my children), each day I am so blessed by all of her 3 year old antics...good and bad! Thank you, Lord, for the miracle that this little person is to me every day.

Here she was this time last year.

Here she is in the hospital. Such a frightening few days for our family.
Even in the midst of of our fear and uncertainty of what was wrong, we were certain that God was in control.

Here is a link to a video I posted on Facebook from my old phone, which is completely dead now. I'm just not tech savvy enough to know how to put the video on this blog post, so please click on the link to see the entertaining ride I had in the ambulance when we were transferring to the children's hospital. 

I hope you have a terrific Tuesday, and that when you look back to your "this week last year", that you are as grateful as I am to know that God was in control then, he is in control now and He is always in control!!

No comments:

Post a Comment