Friday, October 2, 2015

Winner, winner!

Romans 8: 37
" No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. "


 When we fall on our knees and seek his will, realizing we are not in control, we are victorious! Victory is not in winning a game, it's in belief, faith and hope. Amen.

Having said all of that...the Ravens finally won last night! And last Friday, my son's football team won their first game, too. Winner, winner, chicken dinner! (see Fancy Chicken to make your own chicken dinner, btw)  Let's admit it, winning is fun. So while my fave teams seem to be on these winning streaks (of one). I'm going to enjoy it. Being a Christian is not about being the Queen of "no", rules, hardships, and austerity. Being a Christian frees me to give and receive joy, hope and love; and to do it abundantly!

What are your plans for this weekend? We live in an area that will be affected by hurricane Joaquin, so while it looks like the hurricane is going to remain out to sea at this time, we will definitely have some soggy weather. The weather also just turned a bit chilly here; time for a little bit of fall prep around here. I need to locate and wash my childrens cool weather clothes and outerwear and make a list of things we need to replace or update (I know they'll love that, they are shoppers like me).  And, I want to make a big pot of soup! Nothing makes me as happy as a good meal (except shopping and maybe sleep).

My favorite gal on the Food Network, is Ree Drummond, "The Pioneer Woman". She is amazing! I love so many of her recipes. Here is the soup recipe that I am going to try this weekend- Italian Chicken Soup.
Click on the link for the recipe and read her blog, it's so fun and of course full of so many wonderful recipes.

TPW_9647
This photo is from The Pioneer Woman blog.
Doesn't this soup look delicious?

Let me know what you plan to do this first weekend of October. Are you picking pumpkins? Trying out a new recipe? Please comment below and let me know. I'd love to hear from you. Whatever you choose to do, I pray you do it in joy and happiness! Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment