Friday, October 30, 2015

Warm heart

1 Thessalonians 5: 11
" Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. "


Well, I certainly have been living this verse this week. Not as encourager, but as encourage-"y". I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that everything in my world is perfect now since my earlier post. Let me make that perfectly clear. No perfect people here! But I have been blessed by an outpouring of prayer and encouragement from my friends and family.  Truly, truly, blessed.

Here's what I've learned (re-learned) this week:
1. If you don't share things with others, no matter how trivial they may seem in the scheme of things, you won't get any help or encouragement.
2. Christian friends and fellowship matter.
3. God is with me.
4. God loves me, no matter what. Unconditionally. Even when it seems that others don't.
5. Share love with others. Even if they seem unwilling to be loved.
6. We can only control our own behavior, we can not control others.
7. Worrying about an outcome you have no control over is a complete and utter waste of time! It's in God's hands, and...
8. "God is good all the time, and all the time, God is good" !
Amen!

Last night, for dinner, I tried a new dish that will definitely warm you up inside. I want my home to be inviting, warm,  and full of joy and peace. For me, good food is definitely a big part of home and hospitality. I saw an episode of  "Southern at Heart" on the Food Network last weekend. The host, Damaris Phillips, made Roasted Chicken White Chili, and I had to try it. I have to say, I will be making it again. Delicious.


Roasted Chicken White Chili
Roasted Chicken White Chili
(Photo from on above link)
I did make 3 substitutions/changes. Instead of roasting chicken, I bought a fully cooked whole roasted chicken at my local grocery store (saved me some time!). Also, I intended to buy green tomatoes at my local farm stand, but I didn't. I used a can of diced tomatoes (you should probably drain them, I didn't). Also, I only added about 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper. This was a family meal, and I didn't want to make it too spicy for my children.  

 I am humbled by the encouragement and responses that I received from my post earlier this week. My heart is definitely warmer!
 I pray your weekend is full of blessings: fun, laughter, joy and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment