Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Hair today

1 Corinthians 11: 15
" but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering "


I may be in trouble here with this verse.. I just cut about 10 inches off of my hair last week. We have to look at the customs of the people in the time of Paul, to understand this part of his letter to the church in Corinth.  I think I'll be ok on this one though, for me long hair was more of a distraction. As much as I loved it (I may even grow it back one day), it just took too much of my precious time. Time is much better spent on spiritual things, my family, friends and my home: not hair. Lord, thank you for the 24 hours you give us every day. I pray that you would help me use my time to honor you and to do your will.  Help me not to be distracted from the blessings you have given me, or the work you have for me to do, for in this world we are "hair" today, gone tomorrow (lol), and I don't want to miss a single thing. Amen!

My hair texture has changed so much over the last 10 years, I went from straight hair to wavy (almost curly) hair. Where was this hair when I wanted to look like Madonna back in 1984? I still like to straighten my hair, and I'm sure I'll get around to it again sometime, but for now, I'm just trying to adjust to my new "do". I'd post a picture, but my silly cell phone broke a few weeks ago and I don't have any yet. You'll have to take my word for it. Here's the pic I took to the stylist.

Image result for good morning america hairdo
Amy Robach (GMA) has a cute hairstyle. I thought I'd try. I saw her give an interview about her new book "Better".

Image result for short wavy hair from 1980's madonna
My hair reminds me a little of this style without the green thingy, and not blonde
(and certainly not the sexy Madonna thing going on!).
It probably looks more like this without the bangs.
I just loved Gilda Radner!
(all 3 photos above found on Google Images)

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it. I can't wait to show you a real photo. If you recently changed your hairstyle, let me know, I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment or even a pic and share. Thank you so much for reading my blog. 

I pray you have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment