Monday, October 19, 2015

Cream of the crop

Job 29: 6
" when my path was drenched with cream and the rock poured out for me streams of olive oil. "


Here Job is contrasting the prosperous life he had to the miserable life he is currently living. God had withdrawn from him. Thankfully we don't have this situation in the light of the New Testament. Although satan and God don't usually go to such lengths to prove one's loyalty, I am assured that through Jesus, I am forever His child. He does not turn His back on me. Although we are not guaranteed a perfect and carefree life on earth, we are certain of our place in heaven.

Thankfully, no matter our current situation in life, our paths may not be drenched in cream, but we could always go to the local grocery store and buy a pint or even better, cream cheese. And let me tell you, heaven here on earth for me is chocolate, but for a few of my kids it's cheesecake or cream cheese icing. Lovin' me some cream! So today (while I'm still thinking about my daughter's birthday), I'm going to bake some spice cake cupcakes and make a fresh batch of cream cheese icing. Here's a basic, easy recipe.

Cream Cheese Icing

Ingredients

1- 8 oz pkg of cream cheese (softened)
1 stick of butter (softened)
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1 box (16 oz) of confectioners sugar (about 3 1/2 cups)

Directions

Beat together butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Gradually add the sugar (on low speed) until blended. Add vanilla extract and beat until smooth and creamy.

My 12 year old actually asked for a cheesecake for her birthday and some cream cheese icing in a bowl on the side. My 23 yr old usually asks for a spice cake with cream cheese icing for her birthday cake (this year my mom made a delicious chocolate marble bundt cake). Unfortunately,  my oven was out of order on Saturday. I am baking these cupcakes today in honor of her special day. I'm sure there won't be any left to share with her by the time she visits again. Sorry, Char!

Here' my mom's delicious cake from Saturday
We'll be eating the cupcakes this afternoon. Yay!!

I pray you week is drenched with cream and overflowing with streams of olive oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment