Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Christmas theme

Exodus 23: 20
" See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared. "


I am so cold right now. I'm waiting for my tea to brew and I have a fleece jacket on. My thoughts naturally are thinking of the long winter yet to come. With winter comes the holidays and of course, I'm thinking of Christmas. Specifically, I'm thinking about themes for Christmas this year. It's my moms fault, she asked for ideas for the big family Christmas party. So, here we go, Mom, ideas.

We usually do Ravens theme, so tailgating theme...not feeling it this year (sorry, Ravens). But, I like the whole hometown vibe, so I came up with this...

" A Very Maryland Christmas!" 

#Maryland Flag Christmas Tree in honor of #Autism | #marylandpride #specialneeds @xmastreemarket #christmasinthecommunity:
(picture found on Pinterest)

So what do you think so far?

Menu  
Appetizers:
Maryland crab soup, crab dip, steamed shrimp

Main Course:
 Turkey & ham for sandwiches, German potato salad, coleslaw,  kale salad, "Old Bay" chips

Dessert:
 Smith Island Cake, eclairs and assorted Christmas cookies 


Decorations

I love the red tablecloth with the black and white plaid. We need some gold, though.
I think if we add some yellow flowers (sun flowers or mums) and gold ornaments, it would be perfection.
And, I also love that it is rustic and that the fabric and centerpiece keep it a bit more casual.
(picture found on Pinterest)
Well, Mom, that's what I've got for now. I hope you like it and get some inspiration for our Christmas party.
Let me know what you all think, too. Does your family do a theme for Christmas? I'd love to see your comments and/or pictures below.

Keep warm today. I pray your day is full of comfort and joy, this beginning of the our fall holidays, and all the way through to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment